Ferroresonant Transformers are also known as Constant-Voltage Transformers (CVT). A CVT regulates its secondary voltage typically within a few percent even when the primary voltage changes as much as 15-20 percent. Accompanying these transformers is a bank of capacitors. These capacitors are used to tune the output voltage of the CVT and are essential to its proper operation.
- Power rating up to 10 KVA
- Input range +/- 20% nominal voltage
- Output regulation +/- 2% nominal voltage
- Frequency: 60 Hz operation
- Single phase design
- Self-cooled construction
- Supplied with capacitors
- Aluminum or copper windings
- UL Recognized insulation system (Primary must be 600V or less). MSI UL Insulation systems are available in 130°, 180° and 220°C ratings
- CE marking with declaration of conformity ROHS and Low Voltage Directive
- Private labeling with customer supplied nameplate artwork. Units that are private labeled cannot carry our UL label.
- NEMA 1 (indoor) or NEMA 3R (outdoor) enclosure with ANSI 61 gray powder coat finish
- Temperature monitoring thermal switches, thermocouples, or platinum RTD’s
- Final Test Reports with optional Certificate of Compliance